Wednesday, September 17, 2008

Hurricane Ike

Saturday morning, Hurricane Ike came through the Conroe area. At about 1:30am, we lost power. At about 3:30am a large tree from the property next door fell across our front yard and into the neighbor's yard, completely blocking our driveway. When Hubby got up to check on everything, after the sun came up, he found another tree down behind the house, on top of the power lines.
We have gas, we have water. We can cook and we can take hot showers, lol.
We heard from Entergy (via the radio station) that we might not have power until September 29th.
There is an American Bull dog that has taken up residence in our yard. He is very sweet and seems to like the name Buddy. He has been trained and can sit, lay, stay and "go lay down" even with the boys telling him to do it.
A friend came and removed the tree from the driveway and some wonderful gentlemen from North Carolina came and removed the tree from the power lines. The trucks from North Carolina have been all over our neighborhood clearing trees and working on the power lines.
In my opinion, FEMA has done a wonderful job getting down here and getting stuff out to people. I've been very lucky and thank the Lord for all that we do have.

For those worried about my health, I'm doing fine. We've had a couple of days where I've over done it, but some Tylenol 3 and some rest and I'm feeling better. The weather is cooler, which is a blessing since Houston in September can be miserable.

I'm hoping to do something about Internet access soon, so that I can get back to my emails and my business.

1 comment:

Aymee said...

Glad to hear you've all come through safely. And heaven help you all if you have to wait another twelve days for power!

ME!!!

ME!!!