Wednesday, October 29, 2008
Busy around the house this week with Halloween fast approaching. Costumes to finish up, house to get ready for guests and decorate for trick or treaters.
I'll post pics, hopefully on Saturday, of my monsters, dressed as, well, monsters, lol.
Wednesday, October 22, 2008
Shamelessly stolen from Ali... and the Crazy Lady... but that's somewhat redundant, isn't it.
1. Do you like blue cheese? Hmm, not really
2. Have you ever smoked heroin? No.
3. Do you own a gun? Hubby does, does that count?
4. What flavor do you add to your drink at Sonic? Umm, I only get Lemon Berry Slushes, does that count?
5. Do you get nervous before doctor's appointments? Lately? yeah
6. What do you think of hot dogs? They're ok, as long as they are cooked over a flame.
7. Favorite Christmas Song. Stille Nacht
8. What do you prefer to drink in the morning? Hot tea
9. Can you do push ups? Yeah, but do I have to?
10. Do you believe in God, Jesus and the holy spirit? Yes
11. What's your favorite piece of jewelry you wear? Wedding rings.
12. Favorite hobby? Reading, I guess.
13. Do you work with people who idolize you? Hmm, I don't have any idea.
14. Do you have A.D.D.? Who me? ooo a shiny!
15. What's one trait that you hate about yourself? procrastination
16. Middle name? Darlene
17. Name 3 thoughts at this exact moment. Why aren't the kids in bed? Where did TCL get this? Did the oldest child start that load of laundry?
18. Name 3 things you bought yesterday. Orange Juice, Cranberry Juice, ground beef
19. Name 3 drinks you regularly drink. Tea, water, lemonade
20. Current worry right now? Did the oldest child start that load of laundry?
21. Current hate right now? insurance companies
22. Favorite place to be? Hmm, the zoo, I guess
23. How did you bring in the New Year? Oh crap, you want me to remember back that far? I think we were at home, avoiding our obnoxious neighbors
24. Where would you like to go? Hawaii
25. Name three people who will complete this. I'm hoping Laura, since she needs to update her blog, lol. Maybe Rach, if she's bored enough. Possibly LeighAnne, again, if she's bored enough.
26. Whose answer do you want to read the most? Not sure that I have an answer for this one
27. What color shirt are you wearing? Red
28. Do you like sleeping on satin sheets? I've never done it, love my satin jammies though.
29. Can you whistle? Yes
30. Favorite color(s)? Blue, light green, purple
31. Would you be a pirate? only for Halloween, I'm not so good at hand to hand combat.
32. What songs do you sing in the shower? Whatever is stuck in my head, which is whatever the kids are practicing on the piano for the week
33. Favorite girl's name? Michaela
34. Favorite boy's name? Ian
35. What's in your pocket right now? my phone
36. Last thing that made you laugh? Ali's answers
37. Best bed sheets as a child? Strawberry Shortcake
38. Worst injury you've ever had? Hmm, the cut on my leg or the cut on my head, probably the head injury
39. Do you love where you live? Yup
40. How many TVs do you have in your house? 5, but only 3 are hooked up
41. Who is your loudest friend? Hmm, I'm not sure, I'm usually the loudest in the group.
42. How many dogs do you have? None
43. Does someone have a crush on you? Does my hubby count?
44. What is your favorite food? Asparagus
45. What is your favorite snack food? fruit
46. What is your favorite candy? Hershey Kisses
47. What is your favorite sports team? Houston Cougars
48. What song do you want played at your funeral? I haven't ever thought of it.
49. What were you doing 12 AM last night? watching some movie about Beethoven on TV
50. What was the first thing you thought when you woke up? "Does he have to leave sports news on when he goes to take his shower?"
Tuesday, October 21, 2008
Yesterday, Hubby talked to the people from the state (I want to say the Land Commission, but could be wrong) about it being transferred to a family company, or to our family in general. So, we'll get to keep "our" stretch of beach, whether it goes to my father's company, or is a family thing.
The oldest klutzy redhead... who is off to ice her tailbone
Monday, October 13, 2008
I don't know when Dad started making it the way we do, but it's been part of our fall and winter traditions for as long as I can remember.
One thing I discovered this summer, after finding a lost (unopened) jug of cider while we were moving, is that it helps clear up congestion. I had a horrible case of summer allergies (or maybe musty house, I don't know) and after drinking the hot, spiced cider, I could breathe again!!!
So, I use a coffee urn for mine... This one, to be exact. And whatever cider I can find at the grocery store. Refrigerated stuff is yummy, but the stuff from the juice aisle is good too, in fact, apple juice works also. I usually use about a gallon of cider at a time. I pour that into the urn and then add a cinnamon stick (or two), about a teaspoon of whole cloves and a tablespoon of cinnamon candies (Red Hots) to the basket. Then perk as usual.
I bought cider today at the store and already have all the other ingredients.
I am SOOOO making some tomorrow.
Tuesday, October 7, 2008
Hash Brown Quiche
4 cups Frozen shredded hash browns
1/4 tsp salt
1/4 tsp pepper
3 Tbs butter, divided
4 green onions, chopped
1/2 cup chopped bell pepper (I used yellow)
2 tsp flour
3 eggs, beaten
1/2 cup milk
1/2 cup shredded cheese
*In a large skillet, saute the hash browns, salt and pepper in 2 tbs of butter until golden brown. Press into the bottom and up the sides of a greased 9 inch round pie pan.
*Saute green onion and bell pepper in remaining butter. Remove from heat and sprinkle with flour. Stir in eggs and milk. Pour into hash brown crust.
*Bake at 350 for 25 minutes. Sprinkle with cheese and back another 5 minutes. Let stand 10 minutes before cutting.
- ► 2009 (20)