Sunday, August 24, 2008

So freaking graceful

And you know darn well I'm talking about myself. I managed to fall 3 times within a week. Monday night was the last time and I fell with full weight on my left wrist. I knew I'd only sprained it, so I iced it, elevated it and took some Advil.

Tuesday morning, after hubby had gone off to work, I was getting dressed for the day. The older boys had piano lessons and I had to take some time afterward to close out their teacher's candle show.

I ended up curled up on the bed in tears. I started calling Tall Dark and Geeky only to get his voice mail. Cell and desk phones both! The oldest child came in and tried calling while I spent some time remembering my Lamaze techniques.

Finally, he sends a text asking what was going on........ "pain, lots of pain" was my answer. He left work to come home and take me to the ER. We went to the closest hospital, just to get an x-ray to make sure I hadn't managed to break one of the many itty bitty bones in my hand.

The x-ray showed what I suspected already, it wasn't broken. They wrapped my hand and we left. Of course, it took us almost 5 hours to achieve that.

I'm fine, but really really annoyed at myself.

No comments:

ME!!!

ME!!!